Patchogue’s Brick House Brewery & Restaurant to Participate in Long Island Craft Beer Week
Brewery’s Own Roast Coffee Porter Up for “Best LI New Beer of the Year”
The Brick House Brewery & Restaurant (BHB) will be holding a number of events in conjunction with Long Island Craft Beer Week, bringing Long Islanders the best in handcrafted beer. The Golden Tap Awards Gala on May 14 highlights the week’s festivities, which run from May 10 through May 19. The recipient of 2012’s Golden Tap Award for “Best Brew Pub,” this year, the BHB is nominated in the following categories: “Best Long Island Tap Handle,” for its 21 Club/Jack & Charlie’s handle; “Best Long Island Beer Bar”; and “Best Long Island New Beer of the Year,” for its original Roast Coffee Porter, a smooth, brown porter with a coffee finish, created in collaboration with Patchogue’s Roast Coffee & Tea Trading Company.
BHB’s events for the week will include the following:
- Free Pint Glass Pick-Up on May 9, from 7:00 p.m. until 9:00 p.m.
- Firkin Friday featuring BHB’s CherryWulf brew on May 10, beginning at 6:00 p.m.
- Mother’s Day featuring BHB’s Mother Chugga brew (Special Price: $3 pints/$10 growlers) on May 12
- Hopes Open Mic with Jordan Hope and featured artist Liza Coppola on May 13 from 8:00 p.m. until midnight
- Firkin Funk Nasty, following the Golden Tap Awards and featuring music by Funk Nasty and a Roast Coffee Porter-filled firkin (blended with allspice & brown sugar) on May 14 from 9:00 p.m. until 11:00 p.m.
- Take a Flight at BHB, featuring a sampling of all of BHB’s handcrafted beer by the flight or individually ($1 for a 4 oz. glass) on May 15, beginning at 6:00 p.m.
- American Craft Beer Toast, featuring a nationwide toast on May 16 at 8:00 p.m.
- Mug Club Happy Hour, offering discounted Mug Club Membership on May 17 from 6:00 p.m. until 9:00 p.m.
“We’re thrilled to be able to take on such an active role with this year’s Long Island Craft Beer Week,” said BHB General Manager Maud Franklin. “We’re especially excited to see how our Roast Coffee Porter fares at the 2013 Golden Tap Awards, since it was a collaborative effort with the Roast Coffee & Tea Trading Company. We hope those voting will appreciate how two local community brews came together to create one great beer.”
Aside from the festivities, the BHB will also provide a special menu for the week, prepared with the Brewery’s own handcrafted beer. For more information about the menu or any of the events, please call (631) 447-2337.
To cast your ballot for The Golden Tap Awards, please visit: http://www.goldentaps.com/vote.html. Voting is open until noon on May 9, 2013.